A good leader brings out the best in his or her team. Poor attitudes of supervisors, however, can send workers running! as a Development Dimensions International study demonstrates.
Sprigg believes that talent management and employee development is an ongoing process and new lessons can always be learned, regardless of seniority.
A recent Development Dimensions International study has offered new light on the impact of poor relations between managers and their employees. The report found:
- Four in 10 employees have left a job primarily due to management
- Most employees (55%) have considered leaving a job because of their manager
The Sprigg software helps foster collaboration and development of both employees and managers. We believe that by having real conversations supported by metric-driven HR processes and tools, organizations can tackle what a Leadership Pulse global survey last year has identified as the ‘trust gap’.
The survey highlighted several major consequences of bad communication between leader and their reports such as:
- 64% of employees rated their level of trust of leadership as moderate at best.
- 91% of employees said it was highly important to have leaders they trust, but only 48% of leaders agreed.
- 87% of leaders said they always or often acknowledged their own mistakes, but only 19% of employees said this was the case with their own leaders
Contact Sprigg to learn more how our considerable HR expertise and powerful tools can help your company stem traditional problems associated with poor employee-manager relations.