The Employer Branding Best Practice Checklist
Sprigg offers lots of training and online tools to help your small or medium sized business become excellent at Employer Branding techniques.
We can give you the knowledge and software to maximize your corporate image and messaging.. if you need it.
Here’s a little checklist to help you learn how your employer branding initiatives measure up against best practice organizations.
Answer yes or no to each of the following questions and then total your score out of 20.
- We have created an employer brand strategy
- We have developed a social media strategy
- We have conducted research to determine the perception current employees have about our company
- We have done research to understand the perceptions prospective employees might about our company
- We monitor what is being said online about our brand
- We have identified the leadership competencies we aspire employees at all levels to have
- We have created a database of talented employees who we’d like to hire when the time is right
- We have got a careers section on our corporate website
- We have at least two of the following working closely on our employer brand strategy – HR/Marketing/Communications/IT
- Alignment to brand values is part of our performance management system
- We have an active coaching and mentoring program in place to transfer knowledge and build internal capabilities
- We have defined our employer brand metrics
- Managers have access to a leadership development program
- We have defined our employer value propositions (EVPs)
- We have reviewed our EVP’s in light of the Global Financial Crisis
- We have an employee referral program which we promote to staff and stakeholders
- We conduct an employee engagement, satisfaction and/or climate survey at least once per year
- We participate in an external annual best employers and/or employer of choice survey
- We use an online system to automate our recruitment process and rank candidates against weighted criteria
- Each employee has a documented career development plan that is reviewed at least annually
So how did you rate?
0-5 = Very early stages
6-12 = A good start
13-17 = Some tweaks are needed
18-20 We are Employer Branding experts!